02 June 2011

Your Dive Buddy - 2nd Edition

After a long break, I am glad to be back with the 2nd edition of the Dive Buddy Blog Carnival that shares amazing diving experiences from different bloggers around the world.  This time we visit the beautiful Cayman Islands; go snorkeling in Hawaii; see some WW2 wrecks in the Philippines and hear first hand about a growing problem in the Caribbean seas.
Shannon O'Donnell presents A Little Exotic Pet Trade…Can We Undo the Harm? posted at a little adrift: a rtw travelogue, saying, "diving in the Caribbean means confronting the growing problem with non-native Lion Fish taking over the reefs!"  
I love finding Lion Fish when I'm diving (in south east Asia) and am horrified to find that they are taking over, but the good news is that steps are being taken to combat the problem like teaching sharks to hunt them.

I love Stingray City and it was one of the few experiences that I repeated each time I had guests in the year that I lived there (and would do it again if I went back).


Jennifer Miner presents Maui, Hawaii Best Snorkeling Return Trip posted at The Vacation Gals - Family travel, girlfriend getaways, romantic getaways, destinations, things to do, travel tips saying, "Okay, I know, I know - this is about snorkeling, not scuba. But it's pretty close, isn't it? I hope so. :)"
Yip, it is pretty close and a great experience for those people who're not qualified to dive.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

MummyT presents Full Fathom Five? posted at Travels with a Nine Year Old, saying, "Diving WWII wrecks off Coron, the Philippines (without the 9 year old!)


That is it for this edition which I trust you enjoyed.  If you want have an article that you would like to submit for the next edition, you can do so at the carnival submission form Past carnival editions can be found here.

No comments: